A Bit of Analysis!
November 22, 2021
We have been able to do a quick analysis of the FY21 DD Waiver data – and have attached it here. You will notice:
- Increases in the number of unduplicated recipients were as expected by the increases in the number of slots. This number would reflect any individual receiving a service during any portion of the fiscal year.
- The comparisons of FY20 to FY21 for the selected services in the CL and FIS Waivers also in not a surprise;
- There are clear effects of the pandemic and of the workforce shortages which limit the number of individuals in many of the services.
We have also done quick calculations on what little information which we have available regarding projections for DD Waiver rates for FY23-24:
- The funding remaining to be invested in HCBS (which likely includes the BH services defined as “community services” by CMS) is roughly $75M GF for each year
- The projection, which we know to be only a portion of the Burns Report (though we do not know what portion), is $294.1M GF over the biennium.
- The funding is, therefore, only 50% of the amount projected to be needed to accomplish the bare minimum.
This is, without a doubt, the priority for the Session!