A Bit of This and a Bit of That!
October 05, 2020
Some follow-up from the call on Friday:
- The bill to request an exception to EVV for live-in caregivers is still moving through the legislature – now at the last committee. I don’t forsee any problems, but will keep you informed.
- We have asked for an updated list of requirements for the HCBS Reviews and have reviewed some of the proposed handouts – nothing available yet to distribute, but we continue to monitor.
- We will form the small discussion group on Day Support opportunities and flexibilities this week; we will report out at a future meeting.
We received these resources this morning on providing information on voting to those we serve:
- ASAN Voter Toolkit: autisticadvocacy.org/policy/toolkits/voting
- SABE GoVoter Project: www.sabeusa.org/govoter
- Vote411 (for plain language ballot initiatives):https://www.vote411.org/
The following provides more detailed information on a state-by-state basis:
- Bazelon Center/NDRN Guardianship Toolkit: www.bazelon.org/our-work/voting