An Update on the Annual Meeting
October 13, 2023
For those of you not able to join us for the Fall Conference, or for those who slept in and missed you Annual Meeting – –
- We wished Molly Cheek well for her next adventure and thanked her for more than six years of service to VNPP as a valuable Board Member!
- Celebrated Emily Bebber’s re-election to a second full term and welcomed Meneika Chandler as the newest Board member.
- We continue to have a diverse Board reflective of a range of service/provider types and geographic/demographic areas of the Commonwealth.
- To that end, the member’s attending approved the Board’s recommendation to slightly expand the definition of membership in the by-laws to both include brain-injury service providers and to eliminate the absolute requirements that the provider be licensed by DBHDS. The By-Laws now read:
- “Organizational Members” shall consist of organizations that are private providers of support for persons with mental illness, intellectual or developmental disabilities, substance use disorders, or brain injury.
- We talked about the financial health of the association and the probability that we would propose a slight increase in dues for next year when the Board convenes in January to approve the Budget.
And we celebrated our 20th Conference and looked forward to next year in October at the Westin!