May 10, 2022
- Remember that when the Service Coordinator starts a new Service Authorization Record to allow an entry in WaMS the Service Authorization Number will change. So once the new entry is made the “old” SA/PA# is no longer active and you will not be able to use it for billing, etc.
- The comments, if you care to make any, on the HCBS “Guidance” concerning modifications in plans are due by tomorrow. The document and place to comment can be found here.
- We have some details, now, on the allowances that CMS is willing to allow the States to extend the time-frame for compliance with the HCBS Settings Rule. All of the requests must be related to the workforce crisis and are similar in theory to the VNPP request to “lift” the six-bed limit for group homes. We have no details, as yet, about how Virginia plans to respond.
- There are still a variety of issues with the MES system, including those associated with getting a Primary Account Holder established. We are moving them along as rapidly as we can!
- And we were able to spend more than an hour this afternoon with Nathalie Molliet-Ribet, Executive Director of the Behavioral Health Commission (newly appointed!); I think it was a very productive meeting!