September 24, 2019
The agency requests are now available – here are some highlights!
- Increase MH provider rates for psychiatric services to 110% of Medicare
- Fund Behavioral Health Redesign – Phase 1
- Increase funding for TDO’s
- Increase Waiver slots – 225 CL & 635 FIS to meet the Settlement Agreement requirements plus an additional 100 CL in FY22, 50 emergency CL and 20 emergency FIS and a total of 150 facility transition slots.
- Increase in HCBS Nursing service rates to 75% of the benchmark rate
- Increase DBHDS Central Office funding to provide oversight to STEP-VA and provide workforce training, infrastructure to oversee the implementation of evidence-based practice and conduct a comprehensive study of the workforce crisis
- Authorization for Emergency Licensing Regulations to align those regulations with Behavioral Health Redesign
- Increase the capacity for BH Permanent Supportive Housing
- Request additional DAP funding
- Add a total of 51 FTEs in DBHDS Central Office to provide the oversight of providers they feel is required to successfully exit the Settlement Agreement.
The absence of a request for a “refresh” of the DD Waiver rates is notable. This list and more will be covered in detail at the VNPP Conference – please come join the discussion!