December 19, 2011
There is very little to report on in this Governor’s Budget for the 2012-2014 Biennium:
- Normal inflationary increases for some health care providers are withheld, but the are no provider rate reductions proposed in this budget.
- Wrap-around CSA funded school based services are made non-mandated.
- Additional positions are being added to DMAS for increased audit and QMR activity.
- Savings are anticipated from the conversion to a BHO to manage certain mental health services.
- $30M is added in 2013 to the Behavioral Health Trust Fund to provide resources to make significant progress in reforming the system of care for persons with ID/DD while negotiations continue with DOJ.
- There are no new community slots for either ID or DD waivers; there are no rate restorations.