Rebase and Rebound
April 08, 2021
The first steps of rebase of the DD Waiver rates happened have begun and, seem to be right on target! A couple of items from yesterday’s discussion:
- Not related specifically to the “rebase,” the analysis of the impact of the planned increases in the minimum wage which was the subject of our Member Call a few weeks ago will be available in the next couple of weeks. While there is no immediate “next step,” having the information will give us a lot more leverage with the General Assembly to support the needed increases.
- The plans for the “rebase” are well described in the presentation from the discussion. It will be fleshed out and finalized in the coming weeks. Put simply, the goal is to factor at least the following into the rebased rates:
- Costs which have increased since 2014,
- Costs which have increased or decreased because of modifications of requirements (eg., group size of no more than 3 for Community Engagement) since the original rates were estimated,
- Added costs for DOJ/Quality Assurance requirements, and
- The planned increases in minimum wage levels in the next 5 years.
- It is the plan to have the final proposal ready for the General Assembly (and the Governor!) by late summer. That will fit with the schedule for the development of the Budget for the 2022 Session, but it will mean a significant effort on the part of all providers to prepare and provide the information requested.
- Final Policy and Procedure Attestation Form
- Final Abbreviated Service Mod Form
- Final BHE ASAM Service Mod Memo