Some Good News for the Holiday
November 24, 2020DBHDS data on the COVID Data Dashboard for the community as reflected by CHRIS data show several interesting – positive? – trends:
- Overall mortality rate is 3.7% but for the first five months (Mid-March to Mid-August) the rate was 4.8% and it has dropped in the last 90 days to 2.6%
- Similarly the mortality rate for residential services overall is 4.6%, but dropped from 5.6% in the first five months to 3.1% in the last 90 days.
- Without analysis these data points can not be interpreted as significant, but on the surface they certainly seem to be positive trends!
A second bit of news is that the application for the retainer payments is very, very easy!
- Complete the Attestation by checking yes (or “no,” but then you can go no further!).
- You do not need to have your API number to complete the application – it asks for your NPI Number. The API number will be used only when payment is made.
- You need to know how many unique individuals were authorized of one of the specified services each month (August – December); be careful to not “double” count if someone received more than one service (see example in the FAQ), and
- You need to fill in all of the blanks – if no one was authorized for a specific month, fill in “0” in the blank.