January 29, 2016
Notice of Public Comment Period
The Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) and Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) will welcome public comment regarding the submission to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) amendments to the following 1915(c) Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid Waivers: Intellectual Disability (ID); Individual and Family Developmental Disability (DD) Supports; Day Support (DS).
The 1915(c) HCBS waiver amendments can be located at: http://www.dbhds.virginia.gov/individuals-and-families/developmental-disabilities
Virginia has partnered with stakeholders and national experts to transform the Medicaid Intellectual and Developmental Disability (I/DD) waiver system. The intent of the amendments is to offer waiver services designed to assure that people with disabilities have the supports needed to live lives of quality and meaning integrated in the community. The amendments:
- Achieve consistency, equity, quality and accountability across waivers;
- Unify eligibility implementing a single DD eligibility criterion;
- Implement one process to qualify for and access I/DD supports;
- Provide services and funding based on individual needs; and,
- Include new services that create more choices and opportunity.
This notice also serves to open the 30 day public comment period, which begins on Friday, January 29 and closes on Monday, February 29 at 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Instructions for Public Comment Submission:
– If you are submitting comments, please ensure comments are labeled by waiver and by appendix. Comments should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
; comments may be sent within the body of an email or placed within a Microsoft Word document.
Or, submit via US postal mail
The Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services
PO Box 1797
Richmond, Virginia 23218-1797
Or, Fax to: Deanna Parker, (804) 692-0077
Copies may also be requested by contacting via e-mail at email@example.com
, or by mail to: Deanna Parker, DBHDS, PO Box 1797, Richmond, Virginia 23218-1797